The best way to plan a birthday party-Life is short; better make it full of parties!
Birthday parties are the most whimsical and memorable parties but planning a birthday party is like an adventurous road trip. Days leading to the celebration are occupied with deciding the venue, decor, theme, and activities and look like a part of a carnival.
Even if you have decided to go with the minimal birthday preparation, you should start sooner because the earlier the preparation begins, the fewer details you’ll have to work on the big day.
If you have never thrown a birthday party before, you must be haunted by the question, ‘how to plan a birthday party?’ And we understand your concerns.
Planning the best way to plan a birthday party can be an overwhelming task, so if you are ready for the cake’o celebrations at your birthday party, read on as we break down your birthday checklist.
The best way to plan a birthday party
1. Know Your Budget
To make sure that all the right boxes on your checklist hit a tick, you have to know your budget. No matter how much you want to splurge on the idea of a perfect birthday, it is essential to have some caps in place.
Budget impacts every detail of your party. Don’t worry about a massive budget; with DIY decorations trending on the internet, you can throw a fabulous birthday party without burning a hole in your pocket.
2. Decide the when and where
- The most important things to decide are the date, time, and venue. You will need this information for the birthday invitations, therefore, make sure that you start one month in advance.
- Date: Obviously, the date you pick for the party has to be the birth date, but sometimes everyone is not available on the date or, in the worst-case scenario, even the guest of honour can not be available on the date. Therefore, selecting a date can be a tricky business, so try planning in advance. Try to inform everyone well in advance to ensure they mark their calendars and don’t schedule anything else.
Venue: Do you want the birthday party to be the talk of the town, or you want an intimate affair?
- Well, it’s your call. If you are willing to throw a birthday party at a hotel, then check in advance about their availability and services provided. Nowadays many hotels cater to all the party needs right from decoration to entertaining the guests.
- If you are planning the birthday party at home, don’t harbour your mind with the question, ‘how to plan a birthday party at home’ because if you are swamped with work, party decoration companies can help you out. You don’t have to worry about your friends and family members as they can take care of everything.
- Time: When you decide the time, consider discussing it over email or calls with the guests. We would suggest consulting everyone one month before the party.
3. Select a party theme
- You’ve completed the fundamentals of the party and are now ready to choose a theme. You can choose a theme based on the interests of the guest of honour. You might, for example, choose their favourite sitcom, movie, book, season, or anything else.
- A theme can be as simple as selecting their favourite cartoon show and instructing everyone to dress up as the characters from the show.
- The theme can be used to inspire venue decorating, invitations, music, food, activities, and so much more.
- As a result, conduct extensive research!
4. Distribute the invitations covertly
Nothing is worse than a bad birthday celebration, so keep your invitations simple. Don’t tell the birthday person that you’re preparing something for them; once you’ve decided on the date, time, theme, and location, start sending out invitations!
Some pointers for getting started with invitations are provided below.
Two weeks before the birthday, send out the invites. With the advancement of technology, you may now send invitations by email and Whatsapp. However, we will continue to recommend sending invitations in the traditional manner, i.e. via card. This adds a personal touch to the invitation, and your visitors will know you you want them to attend.
Remember to keep the concept in mind! It is critical to notify your visitors about the topic and to incorporate it into your invites. You might instruct your guests to dress in attire that complements the party’s theme.
5. Create a guest list
Preparing a guest list is critical since it provides you an idea of who will be attending the party and allows you to arrange accordingly.
And, of course, you’ll need a guest list to send out invitations so you don’t forget anyone. A guest list might help you stay inside your budget because having more guests means ordering more food and sending out more invitations. To minimise last-minute surprises, ensure that all of your guests RSVP.
6. Plan the Menu
Food is the glue that holds any party together, and let’s face it, parties are centred on food. As a result, give some thought to the cuisine you will offer. If you’re throwing a small party and want to cook by yourself, be sure you don’t overburden yourself.
Keep cupcakes, donuts, and everything birthday-related in the appetisers, but don’t go too sweet! Try adding more flavours to keep the taste senses entertained.
If you are having a large party, we recommend going buffet-style so that everyone may eat what they want and you don’t have to worry.
7. Don’t forget to bring the BIRTHDAY CAKE!
A birthday party would be incomplete without a birthday cake! If you know how to bake a cake, go ahead and create one, but make sure you have it ready before the celebration.
Don’t forget to decorate it with everything that says “birthday.”
If you are ordering it, send them your order ahead of time and tell them what specifics you want on the cake. So notify them ahead of time and have it delivered shortly before the party. Customized cakes are popular right now, and they can be delivered in accordance with the party’s theme.
8. Decorations for a Party
Do you recall which topic we instructed you to select in the third step? It’s now time to look for decorations that complement the theme! You can go all out with your decorations or keep it basic. Decorations include themed balloons, napkins, banners, and other items.
Flowers, posters, candles, and table settings
And you can be creative wherever.
9. Don’t forget about the music
The heart of any celebration is its music! Either hire a DJ or play the birthday person’s favourite music. You can also mix the tracks in accordance with the subject. To avoid interruptions, make sure to charge your audio equipment ahead of time.
10. Party Favors
Don’t allow your generous guests go home empty-handed because they made time for the gathering. You can purchase a bespoke hamper filled with goods like cookies, chocolates, health items, or anything else that is vital to the recipient from the shops. Place them near the exit to guarantee that they don’t forget them.
You should have no issue creating a spectacular birthday celebration if you follow the ideas above. Do not be concerned if your time is consumed by work. You can always enlist the help of party decoration firms such as Together V; they will take care of all your needs and organise the special occasion in a way that you will remember for the rest of your life.
For More Topics for Relationship